VIDEO: Judge Napolitano Interviews Donald Rumsfeld: ‘Did YOU Sell Saddam Hussein WMDs?’
Here is one of the better interviews I’ve seen in a while, and believe it or not, it was conducted on Fox News.
Judge Andrew Napolitano wastes no time in grilling Former Sec. of Defense Donald Rumsfeld on topics which include:
- Whether he was responsible for what happened in Iraq after the invasion.
- Rummy’s once chummy relationship with Saddam Hussein — back when he worked in the Reagan Administration (which was when Saddam was gassing the Kurds).
- Whether we’re actually safer for having invaded Iraq.
- His role in authorizing torture.
- Whether Iraq was a just war, considering we hadn’t been attacked, the country posed no threat to us (which Rumsfeld had previously admitted), and yet cost hundreds of thousands of innocents their lives, and led to two million being displaced?
It’s a shame not a single journalist in the main stream media had the gonads to engage in this line of questioning during the run-up to the invasion!
Glenn Greenwald Debates David Frum on Universal Jurisdiction Over Torturers & On U.S. Aid to Israel
There are few ideologies I find as confounding, disjointed, and brazenly dishonest as neo-conservatism. Former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum, who debates Salon’s Glenn Greenwald, is far from an idiot. I wish he were, because I like to believe every pundit — regardless of where he lies on the political spectrum — honestly thinks the arguments he puts forward are based upon facts.
We like to believe the people whom we disagree with are as sincere as we are in finding the truth.
But there is an unshakable feeling I get each time I read a column by a neo-con that the statements he/she makes are in spite of the facts they know to be true. That they are intentionally misleading their readers. They seem to spend a great deal of time and effort cherry-picking facts and inventing narratives (i.e. “They hate us for our freedoms” — which Frum reasserts in this debate as the impetus for terrorism).
I’ve dismantled Frum’s propagandizing posts in the past, but it’s a lot more entertaining to watch the masterful and articulate Glenn Greenwald do it live on video.
Here they debate Universal Jurisdiction over alleged torturers, and then they butt heads on Frum’s recent statements that the U.S. should increase military aid to Israel in light of increased instability in the region.